Effective Date: July 27, 2023
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, which are governed by the privacy policies of those third-party entities.
2. INFORMATION WE PROCESS
We collect minimal information that can be used to identify you by default. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. If you want to browse VanWaIRL.com, you don’t need an account. Any data we collect is used primarily to provide our Services, which are focused on supporting local businesses and content creators, and helping them connect with their wider communities.
When you use our Services, we collect certain information from you. This information can be broken down into three categories: (A) information you give us; (B) information we receive from other sources; and, (C) information we collect automatically.
A. Information You Give Us
When you use our Services, you may provide us some or all of the following information:
- Registration information, such as your name, username, password, email, and phone number.
- Payment information, such as payment card numbers or other financial information used to make payments directly with us.
- Information in correspondence you send to us or our customer care team.
- Information you share through surveys conducted by us and Veita Project-sponsored events you participate in.
B. Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive your information from other sources, such as:
- Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third-party services, such as our advertising partners, data providers, and analytics providers.
- Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other publicly available sources.]
C. Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them, and the devices you use to access our Services.
- Usage Information. We collect information regarding your use of our Services (e.g., date and time you log in, features you use, searches, clicks, advertising that you click on) and any content that you generate through or upload to it.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our Services, including:
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, advertising IDs, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We generally use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and notify you about changes to them.
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to us, including providing customer support.
- Execute and enforce agreements with you, including processing orders for our products and services, and billing and collections.
- Improve and develop our Services and conduct product development.
- Send you marketing information about our events, offers, products, and services. We will only send marketing information to you, if you opt in to our marketing communications. To opt out of such communications, see Section 5.
- Ensure legal compliance.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. But we may share certain information with our service providers and, in certain circumstances, with legal authorities. Read on to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
Sharing within Veita Project
We may share your information within our corporate group, including a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group. Veita Project employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing with third parties
We may share your information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers so that these services providers may perform business functions on our behalf (for example, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, sending communications, technology services, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing).
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As required by law, we may disclose any of the information we collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of VanWaIRL.com, our affiliates, and our sites.
Sharing with your consent and other purposes
We may share your information with your consent or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
5. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Information updates to your account or changes to your personal information can be done through your account portal. At your request, we can also make these changes for you. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we answer the above requests. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information in our sole discretion for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request is unlawful. You may unsubscribe from our promotional and marketing e-mail lists at any time; unsubscribe links are provided in all promotional and marketing e-mails.
You may contact us regarding control over your information by emailing us at Support@VeitaProject.com. You may also use these contacts to close your account at any time. Please note that personal information may be retained after you close your account to allow us to meet our obligations to you and applicable legal requirements.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information on our Services from a child under age 13, we will delete that information promptly. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any personal information on our Services. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at Support@VeitaProject.com.
7. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be retained for as long as necessary for us to provide our Services, for record retention and legal compliance purposes. Please see Section 5 for details on how to access, correct, or delete your personal information from our records.
8. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others allow us to track your activities on our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity as you move through our Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising on third-party sites.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other similar technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about site usage. We also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
10. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using our Services, please contact us at: Support@VeitaProject.com.